At work we often need to convert recordings from usability tests for a presentation. Unfortunately, camcorders often record in a format, not-compatible with iMovie, which is a preferred quick-and-dirty editing tool.
We tried many options for converting, but found YouTube to be the absolut best option.
Here’s what to do:
- Download camera recordings from your camcorder
- Upload to youtube, note that multi-file upload is possible
- Remeber: upload as private videos if it contains confidential material
- Let YouTube convert and process your videos.
- Go to your YouTube video manager
- Right click on each uploaded
- Click on download as MP4 video
Now your videos are ready for editing in iMovie.